Sorry... I can't deal with all the SPAM so until I can find a better solution for the forums, I'm locking them down. For now please use awesome services like stackoverflow.com for community support. Thanks.
This forum is a community forum meant for users of the plugin to collaborate and help solve issues with implementation, etc. Unfortunately, as the creator of the plugin, I do not have much time to attend to every request here as this is only a side project and I must work a full-time job to provide for my family. This is how I keep the Flash version free and the HTML5 version low cost.
Add a prefix to the uploaded file name
  • Good evening everyone,
    Sorry for my broken English but I am French.
    Thank you to explain how to add a prefix to the uploaded file name by uploadify?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
  • what's your uploadify version? assuming you are using v3.0.0, if this prefix will be a variable, you can just pass it using:
    'postData' : {'myPrefix':myPrefixValue}in your uploadify options...
    then in your uploadify.php you'll have to grab this myPrefix var and add it to your $file var... like this:
    $myPrefix = $_REQUEST['myPrefix'];
    $file = $myPrefix.$_FILES['Filedata']['name'];

if you just want to add a fixed prefix to all uploaded files in your script, just edit your uploadify.php and add your prefix:
    $myPrefix = 'prefix_';
    $file = $myPrefix.$_FILES['Filedata']['name'];

• Super!
    That's exactly what I was looking for!
    Thank you very much ;)