Sorry... I can't deal with all the SPAM so until I can find a better solution for the forums, I'm locking them down. For now please use awesome services like stackoverflow.com for community support. Thanks.
This forum is a community forum meant for users of the plugin to collaborate and help solve issues with implementation, etc. Unfortunately, as the creator of the plugin, I do not have much time to attend to every request here as this is only a side project and I must work a full-time job to provide for my family. This is how I keep the Flash version free and the HTML5 version low cost.
Uploadify button does not show when in a jquery dialog that is opened by a styled button in FF4
  • I have come across an interesting bug with uploadify in Firefox 4.
    I'm not sure if this is a jquery bug, an uploadify bug or a Firefox 4 bug.

When opening a dialog with a jquery ui styled button the uploadify button does not show until the dialog is refreshed (ie the mouse moves over a button on the dialog)
    This seems to only be an issue in Firefox 4 (version 4.0). Test in Chrome 10.0.648.204, IE 8.0.7600.16385 and Opera 11.01 and works as expected.

Does anyone have any insight into this issue?

The workaround I have for this at the moment is to remove the class styles on the button before opening the dialog then putting the styles back once the dialog is open. This is a terrible hack though.

See the following test code.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"&gt;
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>Uploadify in dialog test</title>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8" >

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="jquery-ui-1.8.11.custom/css/smoothness/jquery-ui-1.8.11.custom.css">
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="jquery.uploadify-v2.1.4/uploadify.css">

<script type="text/javascript" src="jquery-ui-1.8.11.custom/js/jquery-1.5.1.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="jquery-ui-1.8.11.custom/js/jquery-ui-1.8.11.custom.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.uploadify-v2.1.4/swfobject.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.uploadify-v2.1.4/jquery.uploadify.v2.1.4.min.js"></script>

<script type='text/javascript'>
    jQuery(document).ready(function()
    {
    $('#file_upload').uploadify(
    {
    'uploader' : 'jquery.uploadify-v2.1.4/uploadify.swf',
    'script' : 'jquery.uploadify-v2.1.4/uploadify.php',
    'cancelImg' : 'jquery.uploadify-v2.1.4/cancel.png',
    'folder' : '/uploads',
    'auto' : true
    });

$('#uploadify_dialog').dialog(
    {
    autoOpen: false,
    width: 'auto',
    modal: true,
    resizable: false,
    buttons: {
    'Upload': function () { $(this).dialog('close'); },
    'Cancel': function () { $(this).dialog('close'); }
    }
    });

$('#button_opendialog1').click ( function()
    {
    $('#uploadify_dialog').dialog('open');
    });

$('#button_opendialog2').click ( function()
    {
    $('#uploadify_dialog').dialog('open');
    });
    });
    </script>

</head>
    <body>

<input type='button' class='ui-state-default ui-corner-all' name='button' id='button_opendialog1' value='Open Dialog Styled'>
    <input type='button' name='button' id='button_opendialog2' value='Open Dialog Default'>

<div id='uploadify_dialog'>
    Select File to upload<br>
    <input id='file_upload' name='file_upload' type='file'><br>
    </div>

</body>

</html>

• Same problem here. Thanks for the hack, but a fix for the bug would be good.
  • It not works for me too. jQueryUI dialog. 2.1.4